We’ve had a great start to the year after workers decided it was time to join the union and stand together to negotiate a new agreement at Allied Pinnacle. Members across sites in Tamworth, Kingsgrove and Picton were successful in achieving an agreement that rectifies previous underpayment prior to union presence, improves their current pay, and secures their future working conditions.
Some of the highlights of the agreements were:
- 1% increases to wages and allowances, including back dating;
- Increases to the First Aid and Meal Allowance;
- Increase in casual loading to 25%;
- Amendments to long service leave, personal leave; compassionate leave, parental leave, grievance procedure, flexibility, and consultation clauses to align with other EBAs;
- Increased redundancy provisions.
NUW NSW Organisers, Brett Cotterill and Garry Cripps said “Well done to all our members at Allied Pinnacle for securing an agreement which will deliver better wages and conditions. Without unions, workers will lose many of the protections against abusive employers. Wages for all will be depressed, even as corporate profits soar.”